RAPTURE FOR THE GEEKS: (RETAIL)
END-USER LICENSE AGREEMENT (EULA)
Paperback Release: November 24th, 2009.
1. GRANT OF LICENSE. Richard Dooling grants you the following rights provided that you comply with all terms and conditions of this EULA:
2. INSTALLATIONS AND USE. You may install, use, access, display and read ONE COPY OF THIS BOOK on a SINGLE PERSON, such as an adult, man, woman, teenager, or other human person. This book may NOT be read by more than one person.
3. MANDATORY ACTIVATION. The license rights granted under this EULA are limited to the first thirty (30) minutes after you install the book by opening it, unless you supply information required to activate your licensed copy of the book in the manner described on this page. You may also need to reactivate the book if you modify yourself or alter your personality. For instance if you grow older and more mature, develop a mental illness, change your diet, or receive any artificial limbs or joints, pacemakers, implants, or organ transplants, then you may need to reactivate your license before you will be allowed to reaccess the book.
4. UNLICENSED USE. This book contains technological measures designed to prevent unlicensed use of the book. For instance, an embedded microchip allows the publisher to scan your retinas from time to time and make sure that it’s really YOU and ONLY YOU reading this book and not some random book pirate. Rest assured that Richard Dooling will not collect any personally identifiable information from you during this process, just blood, tissue, and bone marrow samples, which may be taken (forcefully if necessary) to determine DNA. If you are not using a licensed copy of the book, you are not allowed to read the book or read subsequent updates to the book.
5. BOOK TRANSFER. You may make a one-time permanent transfer of the book to another end-user. But after the transfer you must completely remove all knowledge about the book from the brain of the former person who read the book. If the book was so memorable that knowledge cannot be completely removed from the former person, then execute the former person using the most humane measures listed in Appendix A and mail the enclosed proof-of-execution and a notarized certificate of death (with a raised seal) to Richard Dooling at the address below.
6. TERMINATION. Without prejudice to any other rights, Richard Dooling may terminate this EULA if you fail to comply with the terms and conditions of this EULA. In such event, you must destroy all copies of the book and all of its component parts, destroy any notes you made about the book, and forget any parts of the book that you may be tempted to remember. If you find the book simply unforgettable then decapitate yourself and mail your head to Richard Dooling for a $50.00 rebate. Be sure to enclose your original sales receipt (no copies!), the bar code from the book jacket, and the enclosed rebate form, which you should take care to complete before detaching and mailing your head.
7. PROTECT YOURSELF! Read only genuine books purchased from an authorized reseller. Do not download pirated books! Anytime you read counterfeit books, you are at serious risk. In a recent study, an organization hired by Richard Dooling found that 25% of the websites offering pirated copies of books also attempted to install spyware and trojan horse programs that can compromise your operating system and make it impossible for you to properly view pornography on your computer.
Make sure your copy of Rapture For The Geeks is GENUINE! Ensure that you have easy access to book updates, sequels, second and third editions, book downloads, technical support, and special offers. Validate your copy of Rapture For The Geeks NOW with Richard Dooling’s Genuine Advantage!
Okay, now if you are sure that you have a GENUINE copy of Rapture For The Geeks, it’s probably safe to proceed.
Excerpted from Rapture For The Geeks: When AI Outsmarts IQ, by Richard Dooling.